nl/en

Jeans panel

ECOR Panels

The ECOR jeans panel consists of 25% jeans fabric from different suppliers of the textile industry. The remaining 75% comes from recycled paper. Like all other ECOR panels, no chemicals are involved in the processing: only water is added to make a wet panel. Subsequently, the final ECOR panel is produced using pressure and heat. The panels are a healthy and clean alternative to conventional fiberboard and wood materials.

The jeans panels are made of:

  • 25% Jeans dust from different suppliers in the textile industry
  • 75% Recycled Paper from a local facility in the Limburg region

The production process

  • The production process depends on the residual materials streams used, the received raw material may need to undergo additional pre-treatment to extract the cellulose fibers.
  • Once the fibers enter the process, only water is added to the mixture to make a wet panel at first.
  • Then, with pressure and heat, the final ECOR panel is produced.

All ECOR panels are made from residual flows, with only the addition of water, pressure and heat.

Applied

The ECOR standard panels are developed to be applied in various ways: as marketing materials, packaging, interior design materials and/or building materials.

Environmental impact

  • The ECOR panels have a clean production process, in which Volatile Organic Compounds and toxic glues are involved. Therefore, no heavy special environmental and discharge permits are needed.
  • ECOR panels support circular business models or initiatives that maintain materials and products in use for as long as possible through, for instance, reuse, remanufacturing and repurposing.
  • Zero waste production is fostered as the cutting losses from previous production becomes input for the next panels production, which can be both recycled and refurbished
  • Valorize cellulose-based residual streams, which are sourced from bio-based feedstocks considered a waste material stream from e.g. harvesting or industry processes
  • Contribute to a better and healthier world, phasing out waste

Contact & info