In the Exploded View Beyond Building two applications of Gencork are used:
- Corktess explores the algorithmic creation of complex geometries on flat surfaces. This cork panel was inspired by origami paper structures that create different topologies with dynamic movements and minimal aesthetic.
- Corknature is a disruptive pattern that combines cork and plants that are naturally preserved, with strong flexibility, plasticity and natural vigor without any maintenance. A good example of a biomimetic and biologic approach.
Cork like you have never seen before
- 100% natural and sustainable expanded cork
- For these products, only used cork of the branches (falca) is used to manufacture the cork granules.
- These are block clusters in an autoclave, a process that’s 100% natural, without the use of additives.
- This technology, developed by Sofalca, consists of injecting water vapor through pellets that will expand and agglomerate with the resin of the cork itself.
- This cooking process also gives the resulting cork a dark color, like chocolate.
- During the production of the steam, biomass is used, which is obtained in milling and cleaning the falca. That’s what makes it a truly ecological production and without waste, with a 95% energy self-sufficiency.
You can find the generative cork panels across the world, in hotels, restaurants, offices and public spaces.
- Made in Portugal
- 100% natural, ecological
- 100% recyclable
- 95% energy self-sufficient production
- Hypoallergenic properties water
- Weather resistant
- Preservation and respect for trees
Good to know!
Cork offers a huge range of advantages, because it is an excellent thermal and acoustic insulator and vibration resistant. The cork color changes with exposure to sunlight (UV). Cork’s scent is natural, non-toxic and disappears with time.