Gramitherm® are insulation boards based on grass fiber. In the process, grass is used as raw material without creating waste.
Grass insulation panels consist of no less than 92% of biobased material and are currently the most environmentally friendly solution for insulating buildings.duurzaamgebouwd.nl
- Grass fibers
- Binding fibers
- Grass that is not used as animal feed is currently a by-product.
- After mowing ‘waste’ grass, the grass juice gets separated from the fibre.
- The liquid is used as a biogas energy booster to dry and process the fiber.
- The flexible insulation panels are made by means of Airlay technology.
For all applications in construction and renovation such as floor-, wall- and roof insulation.
- Grass is an abundant and rapidly renewable material.
- Grass absorbs a large amount of CO2.
- With the sustainable production process Gramitherm is able to create a carbon negative insulation mat (one kg gramitherm absorbs 1.5 kg CO2).
- Air quality (A+)
- Heat and cold resistant
- Sound absorption
- Moisture regulation
- Non-irritating to the skin
- Resistant to mold growth