Loam is excavated on construction projects and can be used in making clay plasters, walls and walls in rammed earth. Clay can be reused indefinitely, so that both the production and waste processing process cost little energy.
As a finishing material in a home, loam has a moisture-regulating effect and ensures a healthy indoor climate. It is a vapor permeable material that also works as a vapor barrier and is timeless in style.
A mixture of clay and sands, mainly from Brussels soils.
- Steel formwork is required. The loam is loosely poured into the formwork in layers of 15-20cm and evenly distributed. The soil is then vibrated with a pneumatic rammer.
- The top is sanded so that the pebble becomes visible as a terrazzo. You can still choose to treat with an oil to close the pores (for example for a floor on which people walk.)
Het Leemniscaat specializes in plastering with clay and lime and insulation with hemp and straw for both new construction and renovation.
- 100% natural
- Heat regulating
- No release of substances
- Healthy living environment: stable environment 55%
- Cooling in summer, warmth in winter.
- Free from chemical additives
- Special Features
- No waste production, 100% reusable
- Maximum life