Sustainable homes have both a mental and a physical positive effect on people. Sustainable materials are healthy materials. A Natureplus® label is an eco-label for sustainable and healthy building products. These products are tested for their health aspects, effects on the climate, depletion of raw materials, environment and social conditions. This independent assessment makes Natureplus® the most complete international quality mark for sustainable construction and the label has already been awarded to more than 600 construction products in Europe. It is the only environmental label for construction products based on strict scientific criteria. Natureplus® is based on three pillars: climate protection, healthy living and sustainability.
THE BASIC CRITERIA FOR A NATUREPLUS® ECO-LABEL:
- Share of renewable and/or mineral raw materials must be at least 85% of the material content.
- Used raw materials must be sufficiently available on earth in the long term.
- There is a ban on substances that are harmful to the environment and health.
- Emissions during production and use must be very low.
- Energy consumption in the production of the material is limited.
- Packaging is ecologically optimized.
- Processing instructions must be clear.
These criteria have been written out in detail and can be found here on the Natureplus® website.
On this Natureplus® website you will find all the different building materials that they have certified.
ABOUT NATUREPLUS® NETHERLANDS:
The Agrodome Foundation is the Dutch representative of the European Natureplus®. Natureplus works with building materials manufacturers, planners, architects, organizations and institutions in the field of environmental and consumer protection. Their working area is spread all over Europe and has permanent representatives.