The products and building materials have had a previous life and have been carefully disassembled, where necessary they have been post-processed, in order to get a full second life elsewhere in the built environment.
Reuse of wood ensures that the stored CO2 is stored for at least an extra life cycle.
- The thermally modified roof boarding is 100% circular and consists of a fantastic quality pine that was harvested on average fifty to a hundred years ago.
- Harvesting and nail-free roof boarding by A. van Liempd Demolition companies.
- Thermal modification by usedbouwmaterialen.com.
- Profiling by usedbouwmaterialen.com.
- Apply to the new facade by contractor.
- Reusable again or thermally recyclable.
The thermally modified roof boarding is intended as a circular wall cladding. This has already been applied, for example, at Eindhoven Airport and in renovation and new construction projects by housing corporations Area and BrabantWonen, among others.
- The environmental impact is very small because it concerns the reuse of materials that would normally be lost during demolition.
- The stored CO2 of the wood remains stored in the wood for at least an extra life cycle and it also prevents the felling of trees that would be necessary to make the same amount of facade cladding.
- Through thermal modification, the wood is preserved without the addition of chemicals.
Good to know
The shadow price of recycled products may be set at €0 in the MPG (Environmental Performance of Buildings) calculation.
Unfortunately, the product is not available indefinitely, because it depends on the quantities released during demolition. In recent years, less and less has been built with wood and roof boarding has been replaced by underlayment. At the same time, there is still a lot available and every project can give that appearance and circular story. Which benefits awareness.